Social Media Guidelines & Information
- Click Here to Download the GAA Social Media Policies Guidelines 2012
- Click Here to Download the GAA Social Media Setup Guide 2012
Maintaining a positive presence online for the GAA
The world of social and digital media is an enjoyable and engaging place. As a GAA official, volunteer, player or member, you will often encounter this world. This document has been put together to help, educate and guide those who use social media in an official GAA capacity. The benefits for the GAA are vast when used in a responsible manner and in compliance with the guidelines and policies.
“The vision of the GAA is that everybody has the opportunity to be welcomed to take part in our games and culture, to participate fully, to grow and develop and to be inspired to keep a lifelong engagement with our Association.”
This vision should inform all our communications, including social media.
These guidelines will evolve over time as new technology and platforms emerge. They currently deal with the social media world as it is today, and keep a few basic aims for the GAA in mind:
• To promote and develop positive online discussion of the GAA.
• To protect the reputation of official GAA social media platforms online.
• To help moderate discussions appropriately.
• To ensure the GAA provides an official voice in this area.